Pages

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Although we've come to the end of the road....

Tomorrow Mady cheers for her elementary school for the last time....ever. I didn't think I'd feel so emotional about it. I mean, it's not like it's her last game ever or her last competition ever. But this is where she got started in cheer. I think back to all the Homecoming parades we've gone to, and how much fun we had. How proud I was the first time she went up in extension....that's where she learned to fly. I think about how many times parents from opposing teams would stop me, and tell me how good our girls are. I think about her first coach, and how grateful I am to her for the three years she gave us, and all Mady got out of her time with her. She made Mady what she is today, and I'll never forget her for that.

When Mady was in 6th grade, she should have moved up to the Youth team. We kept her in peewee though, with the 4th and 5th graders. I had many reasons for that, her brother played peewee football so it was easier for us on game nights, the uniform wasn't changing and I loved it (not having to buy a new one was a huge bonus too LOL), her coach's daughter was on Mady's all-star team so I knew our schedules would never clash. I was worried her friends that did move up might pick on her for still being on peewee, but they never did. They cheered for her while she was cheering for the boys. She made such great friends.

This has been a stressful season between her right ankle and her left knee, an all-star schedule that didn't always mesh, and some other things. I really thought I'd be relieved when it was over. Until I remember this is *it* for Mady as a Bulldog. Cheering for this school has been such a big part of our lives, and it's always sad for me to say goodbye to anything.

Of course, this May she'll try out for the JV squad at her school and if she makes it, we'll start over with new memories, and that's exciting. But tomorrow night, when she runs on the field for the MES Bulldogs the final time, I fully expect to shed some tears.





Blue, gold and white....Bulldogs, let's fight!

0 comments:

Post a Comment